Saturday, November 20, 2010

Fourth Day in the NICU

Well today was a wonderful day.  I got to hold Jack for the first time today.  It was truly the best feeling in the whole world.  He is so perfect in every way.  He has the best eyes in the world.  He is still wearing the little shades because he is still under one lamp so when the nurse took the shades off for me to hold him his eyes just shown.  He looks around at everything.  It is so amazing to see him look at everything.  He just sat there in my arms for thirty minutes and just slept and looked at me.  It was something that I will never forget until the day I die!  I also got to change his diaper for the first time today.  I was so nervous and the nurse had to help me.  I am still a little timid to move his little legs and arms.  The more I'm around him the better I'll be though.  His blood levels are down to 9.1.  They were able to remove the big lamp so he still just has the one small one.  He is up to 13 cc's.  By noon tomorrow he will be getting 1/2 an ounce a food.  They started him on fats which will help him gain weight and lower his IV fluids which is also a good thing.  He had a few brady's which is where his heart rate drops a little so they started him on caffeine.  The nurse that this is nothing to be too alarmed over and she was surprised that he made it this far without having them.  Hopefully this will correct itself soon as he gets older and stronger.  He hasn't had a bowel movement in 48 hours so they are going to give him a suppository around 11:00 p.m. The nurse said that his belly looked good and that there wasn't a problem but that he had had enough food that he probably needed to release something.  Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!  I'll post again tomorrow with updates!  I hope to have pictures up soon! 
P.S.
Today Jack had bunches of visitors:
Mamaw Norman
Papaw Norman
Nana Coffey
Papaw Coffey
Grandma Coffey
Aunt Amanda
Godmother Traci
Godfather Joel
I couldn't be more blessed with people that love my son!  I thank God for all the love he has!

No comments:

Post a Comment