Sunday, November 21, 2010

5th Day in the NICU

Well today was a great day.  I held Jack for about 40 minutes!  He is wonderful.  I find myself asking how can I love someone so much that I just met five days ago.  He is my everything.  Jack's picc line started to irritate his leg so they had to remove it and put a temporary IV in his left hand.  They put another picc line in around 6 today in his right arm.  The nurse said that he did great and they got it in one stick and the x-ray showed that it went to the right spot all in the first try.  Praise the Lord for that.  I hate to see my little guy cry or upset.  He is up to 17 cc's of food.  That's a little over half an ounce.  The nurse said that as of 10:30 when I left the hospital he had not had any brady's.  The caffiene seems to be doing it's job.  We are praying that by tomorrow his bili levels will be down so we can remove the last light and he wont have to wear his eye shades anymore.  Also when he gets out from under the lights we can start dressing him and wrapping him in blankets, which the nurse said that the babies love that.  Best news of all today...JACK is up to 4 POUNDS.  He gained 4 ounces in one day.  The nurse said that he might lose an ounce or two by tomorrow but that just makes my night!  When I let the hospital my little guy was sound asleep with his legs and arms stretched way out.  I love to watch him sleep.  God is so great!  Thanks for the thoughts and prayers.
Jack's visitors:
Aunt Amanda
Papaw Norman
Mamaw Norman
Nana Coffey
Papaw Coffey
Plus Cousin Dakota and Cousin Dani who couldn't go back to see him but really wanted to :)

No comments:

Post a Comment